| ATTENTION! SPOILERS AHEAD!! CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
This article contains information from later episodes of The Magnus Archives, and may contain major spoilers for the setting and plot.
Gertrude Robinson was the Head Archivist of the Magnus Institute before Jonathan Sims. Sims initially regards her as untidy and unorganised, and spends much of his time organising the mess that Gertrude left after she passed away.
Gertrude died on either 15th March 2015 (MAG 9, MAG 40) or 15th May 2015 (MAG 25), although exact details of her death were uncertain for some time. Elias said that she "died in the line of duty", although didn't expand on the point (MAG 11). Her death seems to have been prophesied by someone going by the name Antonio Blake. He dreamt of black tendrils growing into people in a shadowy dreamscape, those touched by the tendrils died of an ailment in the location the tendril touched. In one such dream he found a red light quickly pulsing through the tendrils and followed them to the Magnus Institute into a dream version of Gertrude (MAG 11).
Jason North found a clearing near Loch Glass in Scotland with a stone seat or altar in the centre of the space. All around the clearing were milk bottles hung from strings in the trees with pictures of Gertrude in them. The clearing itself heated anything that went in it, boiling water and overheating Jason (MAG 37).
Her death happened on the same day as a disturbance (a scream) reported in Hither Green Chapel, where a cult, possibly the People's Church of the Divine Host, were found by Mark Bilham (MAG 25). It is possible that her fate is tied to, or caused by, the People's Church of the Divine Host, or some denomination of it.
Gertrude's body was found in the winding passages beneath the Archives, where it was revealed that she was killed by a single shot to the chest. She was found in a room surrounded by her own tape recordings. Basira Hussain is in charge of her murder investigation.
Elias later confessed to Gertrude's murder in front of the staff of the Magnus Institute, saying that she planned to destroy the Institute and he had to stop her. (MAG 92)
Jonathan Sims enters into an arrangement with Basira Hussain where she will send some recordings made by Gertrude that were taken as part of the investigation into her death (MAG 43). Sims listened to and commented on these recordings as part of his investigation into Robinson's death.
- Statement from Yuri Utkin regarding a visit to "Another Circus" (MAG 44).
- Statement from Walter Heller leading her to suspect that the Archives were once the Serapeum of Alexandria (MAG 53).
- Statement from Mary Keay on a mysterious book which possessed the ability to summon spirits of the dead (MAG 62).
- Statement from Lucy Cooper when her mother was replaced by the NotThem. Gertrude mentions The Stranger during her summary (MAG 77).
- Statement from Sebastian Skinner about an encounter with forces of The Stranger. This recording notes was made less than a year before she died, and indicates she had been fighting against the other Powers, dealing a significant blow to The Desolation (MAG 87).
- Statement from Robert E. Geiger about a man possessed by a dust storm in Boise City, Oklahoma. Gertrude discusses her plans to stop the ritual of The Buried, and this recording also reveals Michael used to be one of her assistants (MAG 99).
- Statement from Abraham Janssen about the last attempted Unknowing (MAG 116).