The house at 105 Hill Top Road is a place mentioned repeatedly in the cases of The Magnus Archives. It is in the Cowley area of Oxford. It has a notably spooky tree in the garden.
It was the site of a halfway house run by Raymond Fielding in the 1960s, as detailed in MAG 59.
In 2006, Ivo Lensik was hired to help with renovation work on the house, leading to the incidents of MAG 8. Edwin Burroughs, the priest who came to bless the building, gave his own account in MAG 19 & 20.
In 2009, Anya Villette was hired to clean new student housing built on the site, as detailed in MAG 114.
<1891 - The house at 105 Hill Top Road is built (MAG 8).
1891 - The house is bought by Walter Fielding, its first recorded owner (MAG 8).
1923 - The house is inherited by Walter’s son Alfred (MAG 8).
1957 - The house is inherited by Alfred’s son Raymond (MAG 8).
1960s - Raymond Fielding uses the house as a halfway house on behalf of the local diocese for delinquents and troubled youth. (MAG 8). Residents include Ronald Sinclair, Doris Hardy, Dick Barridale, and Greg Montgomery. Ronald reports that none of his actions while living at the house are entirely his own, making him stay out of trouble, brush his teeth, etc. Weekly on Sundays, Raymond gathers the children around the Web Table (with the box in the middle); Ronald cannot remember what happens afterward. Once children turn 18, they appear to be taken away by a suited government official (MAG 59).
Sometime after Agnes's appearance - Ronald Sinclair turns 18. While waiting to be taken away, is controlled to go back to the house, go into Raymond's study in the basement, pick up the box from the table, and take a bite of the apple inside. Before he can do so, he feels a burning sensation in his cheek where Agnes had kissed him earlier, drops the apple, and escapes. He sees the bodies of other children who he thought had left in the basement, their bodies stuffed with spider eggs (MAG 59).
Gradually after Agnes's appearance - Residents at the halfway house are seen less and less, until only Agnes and Raymond remain. (MAG 8)
7-8 years after Agnes's appearance - Raymond Fielding disappears. When questioned, Agnes says he has gone away and the house is hers; police investigation reveals the house has been legally signed over to her with no evidence of foul play. (MAG 8)
During the years after Raymond's disappearance - Agnes continues living in the house. Pets allowed outside tend to vanish around the area. (MAG 8)
1974 - A toddler living nearby goes missing, and people think that Agnes is responsible for his disappearance. The house soon burns down. The only body discovered in the ruins is Raymond Fielding's, missing its right hand (MAG 8).
1974-2005? - Some dispute over land ownership prevents anything from being built on the land. (MAG 8).
<2005 - Construction begins on a new house on the land (MAG 59).
2006 (mid-November) - The events detailed in MAG 8 occur (Evo Lensik works on the construction of a residential building, meets a man calling himself Raymond Fielding, and repeatedly smells burning hair).
- November 23rd: Evo Lensik is abruptly overwhelmed with hatred for the tree in the garden. He first chops at it to see it appear to bleed, then tears it down to find the box from the Web Table buried underneath. He opens it to see an apple, which rots before his eyes and bursts into spiders. He smashes the box and throws away the remains.(MAG 8)
- At the same time: Edwin Burroughs performs an exorcism of the site at the request of the nurse at the hospital who treated Evo and told him about the house (MAG 8). While he is attempting to do the exorcism, he is overwhelmed with a burning sensation, and his mouth says the words "I am not for you. I am marked." (MAG 19 & MAG 20).
- On the same day, Agnes Montague is found dead, with a severed human hand tied to her wrist whose owner must have died at the same time as her (MAG 8, MAG 67)
Evo works at the house for another week with no further strange occurences. 2006-2016 - Two families have lived in the house since the events of MAG 8 and have noticed no paranormal happenings (MAG 8).
[2009 (April) - Anya Villette was hired to clean new student housing that had just been built on Hill Top Road. She says she cleaned the house on April 23rd, although when she left it was April 8th again. As she mentions she was dragged through a crack in the basement floor but later woke up in a world where her old friends didn't seem to recognise her and there was no record of her, it is unclear whether these events happened in this universe (MAG 114). She also mentions a tree standing in the backyard similar to the tree Evo Lensik mentions tearing down in 2006 (MAG 8).]
| ATTENTION! SPOILERS AHEAD!! CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
This article contains information from later episodes of The Magnus Archives, and may contain major spoilers for the setting and plot.
- MAG 8: Burned Out (Construction of the house)
- MAG 12: First Aid (Death of Diego Molina)
- MAG 19: Confession/MAG 20: Desecrated Host (Father Burroughs' exorcism of the house)
- MAG 37: Burnt Offering (Possibly concerns the Desolation's ritual involving Agnes)
- MAG 43: Section 31 (arrest of Diego Molina)
- MAG 59: Recluse (Ronald Sinclair’s childhood in the house on Hill Top Road)
- MAG 67: Burning Desire (Jack Barnabas’ courtship of Agnes Montague)
- MAG 87: The Uncanny Valley (Jude Perry’s workings with the Stranger)
- MAG 89: Twice as Bright (Jude Perry’s Statement)
- MAG 114: Cracked Foundation (Anya Villette’s experience in the house on Hill Top Road)
- MAG 139: Chosen (Statement about Agnes' creation, life, and death)