Oliver continues the story of his prophetic dreams of death started in MAG 11, recounting how he began to see the pulsing vines that foretold a person's death during his waking hours, and the terrible chill he felt when he touched or brushed against one. He starts to isolate himself to avoid having to see people's fates, but he cannot escape it entirely.
During this time, Oliver discovers Point Nemo, a point on the ocean that is the furthest possible place on earth from all human civilization. He fantasizes about going there, though the vines prevent him from visiting it in his dreams. When he learns of a scientific voyage going to Point Nemo, he finds a member of the team who is fated to die in a motorcycle accident, a chemist named Dr. Thomas Pritchard, and steals his identity, disposing of the corpse.
Oliver keeps to himself during the voyage, but is finally able to enjoy empty waves and dreamless sleep for months. However, when they actually reach their destination, the vines return, huge and towering out of the sea, engulfing all of the crew. Oliver is struck by a moment of terrible clarity and understanding of fate and his purpose. He hijacks the boat, shooting the captain and forcing the crew to drive the boat to where the vines originate from. There, the boat is struck by falling satellite debris, killing everyone aboard, him included.
Oliver concludes by telling John's comatose body that he has yet to make the choice to embrace The Eye as Oliver chose to embrace The End. John is now not human enough to be claimed by death, but too human to survive, and he cannot move forward until the choice is made.
At this point Oliver is confronted by Georgie Barker, who is instantly suspicious and hostile towards him, instinctively recognizing him as something "evil". As he leaves, she seems to realize something and goes to chase him down.
In the now-empty hospital room, static fills the recorder as Jonathan Sims begins to breathe again.
- Related Entity: The End and The Web
- Oliver implies that he came to visit Jonathan at the behest of The Web, and mentions that he is going along with what "she" (possibly Annabelle Cane or The Mother) wants, though he is unclear on who this refers to.
- Oliver Banks is the real name of 'Antonio Blake', who previously gave a statement to Gertrude Robinson in MAG 11.
- Oliver mentioning that he saw the vines when awake explains his actions in MAG 42: Grifter's Bone, where he mistakes the vines leading into the statement giver's ears for earphones.
- Consulting the case numbers reveals that John has been in his coma for just over six months since the end of Season 3. This is confirmed in the next episode.