The Desolation is one of The Entities. It is also known as "The Lightless Flame." It is a manifestation of the fear of pain, of loss, burning, fear of unthinking or cruel destruction: "all of the worst parts of fire, with none of the warmth". Jude Perry calls it "a reckoning, a surging tide of destruction and pain" and "blackened earth, the destructive agonizing heat of burning flesh and land scoured of life, the light with the comfort of fire stripped from it, leaving nothing but the terror of its approach." (MAG 89)
Episodes That Focus on This Entity Edit
- MAG 8: Burned Out
- MAG 12: First Aid
- MAG 37: Burnt Offering
- MAG 43: Section 31
- MAG 55: Pest Control
- MAG 59: Recluse
- MAG 67: Burning Desire
- MAG 87: The Uncanny Valley
- MAG 89: Twice as Bright
- MAG 100: I Guess You Had To Be There
- MAG 107: Third Degree
- MAG 139: Chosen
- MAG 145: Infectious Doubts
Recurring Characters and Concepts Edit
The Cult of the Lightless Flame is an organization that seems to be aligned to it. Cult members are enriched by destroying the lives of people who had things to live for, destroying things before their potential is realized. In exchange, the cult members can create heat--but not fire--and gain the ability to make their skin run like wax.
Individuals linked to this Entity include:
Ritual Information Edit
Little is known about The Desolation's ritual, except that Gertrude appears to have foiled it circa 2013.
Connections With Other Powers Edit
- Jude Perry worked with The Stranger to burn down Gwydir Forest in Wales in 2014.
- The Lonely, The Desolation, and The Dark are all associated with cults. The Lukases are described by Evan Lukas as very "religious", The Desolation has The Cult of the Lightless Flame, and The Dark has The People's Church of the Divine Host.