The Flesh, also called Viscera, is one of the fourteen main Entities. It is thought to be the newest of them, born from the fear of animals bred for meat.
In humans, it manifests as strange bodies being twisted, reshaped, and butchered. It often employs Christian imagery, such as a cannibalistic version of Eucharist and using a gnostic church as its ritual site.
- MAG 5: Thrown Away
- MAG 17: The Boneturner's Tale
- MAG 18: The Man Upstairs
- MAG 19: Confession (Suspected)
- MAG 20: Desecrated Host (Suspected)
- MAG 30: Killing Floor
- MAG 49: The Butchers Window
- MAG 58: Trail Rations
- MAG 72: Takeaway
- MAG 90: Body Builder
- MAG 103: Cruelty Free
- MAG 115: Taking Stock
- MAG 130: Meat
- MAG 131: Flesh
- Jared Hopworth, the Boneturner. An avatar of the Flesh with the power to manipulate meat and bones.
- The Carlisles
- Haan family
- The Monster Pig, a manifestation of the Flesh in the form of a massive pig.
- The Boneturner's Tale, a Leitner that can grant people the ability to manipulate bodies.
- The Meat Grinder, an antique meat grinder that can regenerate lost limbs.
The Flesh's ritual, The Last Feast, involved a pit of meat under a gnostic church in Istanbul. (MAG 130) It was thwarted by Gertrude Robinson who used explosives to collapse the church. Gertrude had 8 years to stop the ritual, and it helped her understand that conventional explosives could disrupt rituals.
Connections with other Entities Edit
In MAG 20: Desecrated Host, Father Burroughs is tricked into cannibalism when taking part in the ritual of Eucharist. It seems he is tricked by the Spiral. Breekon & Hope, part of the Stranger, deliver a stole that is used in the ritual.