The Flesh is one of the Entities. It is the fear of mutilation and having your body changed or destroyed as well the animal fear of being slaughtered for meat. It is thought to be the newest of the entities, born from the fear created by the increase in the industrial farming of animals for meat.
In humans, it manifests as bodies, bones, muscles and flesh bodies being twisted, reshaped, and butchered. It often employs Christian imagery, such as a cannibalistic version of Eucharist and using a Gnostic church as a ritual site.
| ATTENTION! SPOILERS AHEAD!!|
This article contains information from later episodes of The Magnus Archives, and may contain major spoilers for the setting and plot. Continue at your own risk.
- MAG 5: Thrown Away (Teeth)
- MAG 14: Piecemeal (Angela)
- MAG 17: The Boneturner's Tale (The Boneturner's Tale, Jared Hopworth)
- MAG 18: The Man Upstairs (Toby Carlisle)
- MAG 30: Killing Floor (Tom Haan, slaughterhouse)
- MAG 49: The Butchers Window (Jared Hopworth)
- MAG 58: Trail Rations (Eustace Wick)
- MAG 72: Takeaway (John Haan)
- MAG 90: Body Builder (Jared Hopworth)
- MAG 103: Cruelty Free (Monster Pig)
- MAG 115: Taking Stock (Meat Grinder)
- MAG 130: Meat (The Last Feast)
- MAG 131: Flesh (Jared Hopworth)
- MAG 171: The Gardener (Jared Hopworth, Mortal Garden)
Other appearances Edit
- MAG 20: Desecrated Host (Suspected, cannibalism)
- Jared Hopworth: the Boneturner. An avatar of the Flesh with the power to manipulate meat and bones, has a large body with extra limbs and organs taken from his victims.
- Toby Carlisle: Covered his apartment with meat.
- He has the same last name as Benjamin and his wife in MAG 58: Trail Rations. It is unclear if they are related.
- John Haan: Cannibalistic murderer who formerly owned a fast food restaurant, rumoured to have used human meat in his food. 
- Tom Haan: Nephew of John Haan, found in the slaughterhouse where he was firing a bolt gun into his head. 
- Eustace Wick: Cannibal who posed as a guide on the Oregon Trail.
- The Monster Pig: A manifestation of the Flesh in the form of a massive pig.
- The Boneturner's Tale: A Leitner version of The Canterbury Tales that can grant people the ability to manipulate bodies.
- The Meat Grinder: An antique meat grinder that can regenerate lost limbs by grinding them.
- The slaughterhouse: A seemingly endless maze of hallways, conveyor belts and industrial machinery related to the manufacture of meat products. 
- The Mortal Garden: Jared Hopworth's domain in the ruined world. A field of flesh and bones, with people planted as flowers that grow with their fear.
The Flesh's ritual, The Last Feast, involved a pit of meat under a Gnostic church in Istanbul.  It was thwarted by Gertrude Robinson, who used explosives to destroy the church and the pit. Gertrude had 8 years to stop the ritual, and it helped her understand that conventional explosives could disrupt some rituals.
Connections with other Entities Edit
- In MAG 20: Desecrated Host, Father Burroughs is tricked into cannibalism when taking part in the ritual of Eucharist. Father Burroughs was under the effects of the Spiral or The Web at the time and had recently met with Breekon & Hope, agents of the Stranger.
- The Flesh attacked the Magnus Institute, a stronghold of The Eye. The relationship between the entities is uncertain, as the attack was orchestrated by avatars Elias Bouchard and Jared Hopworth, rather than the powers behind them.