This page details general guidelines and best practices for editors of The Magnus Archives Wiki.
The main numbered episodes constitute the canon of The Magnus Archives. Word of god and content from the Q&A episodes is relevant as commentary but is not strictly canon and must be clearly sourced when added to articles. Patreon bonus content is considered semi-canonical but is not relevant to the wiki.
Patrons receive new episodes 24 hours in advance but new pages should not be created until an episode has been publicly released.
Don't engage in edit warring. If you disagree with another editor, discuss the issue in the comments or on their message wall.
The wiki mainly displays fan art in episode infoboxes and it must adhere to the following guidelines.
- Art may only be displayed with the artist’s express permission.
- All art must be credited.
- One piece per artist.
- The subject matter must not be overtly triggering.
- Other pages should only be linked on their first occurrence.
- Infoboxes and Episode Appearance lists do not count toward this limit and should have all pages linked.
- Unusually long pages (example: Timeline) may also contain multiple occurrences of the same link.
- References should be placed outside punctuation.
- Either <ref></ref> tags or the (MAG 42) format can be used.
- When one source is referenced multiple times <ref name="NAME"></ref> can be used instead. Simply use it on the first occurrence and any future occurrences can be replaced with <ref name="NAME" />.
- British spelling is used.
Episode pages use the Case Template Infobox and should contain the following sections, where applicable:
- This should be a succinct summary of the statement. All names and locations should be included but minor details can be omitted to keep it concise and easy to peruse. Transcripts are available for anyone who wants a play-by-play.
- Final Comments (Only used for Gertrude's recordings)
- Include significant connections to other episodes and be sure to include spoiler warnings as appropriate.
Episodes that do not adhere to the standard statement format (example: MAG 119: Stranger and Stranger) are handled on a case-by-case basis.
Character pages use the Recurring Character Infobox and should contain the following sections, where applicable:
- Physical Appearance
- This can be broken into sub-sections as needed.
- Known Powers
- Episode Appearances
- Episodes in which the character gives a statement should be bolded.
- Other appearances