The Web (also known as The Spider or Mother of Puppets) is one of The Entities. It is the manifestation of the fear of being controlled, entrapped, being trapped and not knowing it, and your will not being your own, of being manipulated. It manifests as spiders and spider webs and patterns like spider webs.
Episodes that focus on this entity Edit
- MAG 8: Burned Out
- MAG 16: Arachnophobia* (Extended focus)
- MAG 56: Children of the Night* (Brief focus)
- MAG 59: Recluse* (Brief focus)
- MAG 67: Burning Desire
- MAG 69: Thought for the Day* (Extended focus)
- MAG 81: A Guest For Mr. Spider
- MAG 100: I Guess You Had To Be There* (Brief focus, similar to MAG 16)
- MAG 110: Creature Feature
- MAG 114: Cracked Foundations
- MAG 123: Web Development
- MAG 147: Weaver*
Episodes that mention this entity Edit
- MAG 3: Across The Street First appearance of the table.
- MAG 19: Confession The House at Hill Top Road.
- MAG 22: Colony There are cobwebs in the basement.
- MAG 32: Hive Jane Prentiss says there were spiders and cobwebs in her attic and each of the webs had their own song, separate from the song of the Hive.
- MAG 35: Old Passages A pile of paper is completely covered in cobwebs. Table/lighter delivered.
- MAG 36: Taken Ill Table/lighter discussed.
- MAG 38: Lost and Found When Jonathan attacks a spider he discovers many worms.
- MAG 51: High Pressure. Another appearance of the table.
- MAG 78: Distant Cousin Another appearance of the table.
- MAG 79: Hide and Seek Talk of the table.
- MAG 91: The Coming Storm Another appearance of the lighter with the cobweb design.
- MAG 121: Far Away Oliver mentions The Web as his reason for visiting.
- MAG 130: Meat The tape is covered in cobwebs.
Episodes that may deal with this entity Edit
- MAG 10: Vampire Killer The vampire uses mind control to catch people.
- MAG 56: Children of the Night More vampires.
- MAG 61: Hard Shoulder More vampires.
| ATTENTION! SPOILERS AHEAD!! CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
This article contains information from later episodes of The Magnus Archives, and may contain major spoilers for the setting and plot.
Ritual Information Edit
The Web's ritual has never been attempted. According to Peter Lukas, it is because the world is already a playing field for the web, so why bother.
Recurring characters and concepts Edit
Raymond Fielding appears in MAG 8: Burned Out and MAG 59: Recluse.
The table appears in many episodes.
The lighter with the cobweb design appears in MAG 36: Taken Ill and MAG 91: The Coming Storm.
Connections with other powers Edit
In MAG 32: The Hive cobwebs appears in Jane Prentiss' attic, connecting the Spider with The Hive.
Jonathan Sims, working for Beholding, carries around a lighter with a cobweb design. In MAG 81: A Guest for Mr. Spider it is revealed he a childhood encounter with the Spider.
In MAG 59: Recluse Agnes Montague, of the Desolation, lives in the home on Hill Top Road with Raymond Fielding. She thwarts Raymond's attempt to trap Ronald Sinclair. The home burns down, perhaps by the Desolation.
In MAG 67: Burning Desire Agnes Montague, of the Desolation, burns a cobweb and another man probably working for the Desolation has many spiders in a box.In MAG 19: Confession the Desolation apparently try to stop the exorcism done by father Burroughs. The exorcism seems to result in the uprooting of the tree above the box from the table. Father Burroughs is marked by the Spiral.