The Web (also known as The Spider or Mother of Puppets) is one of The Entities. It is the manifestation of the fear of being controlled, entrapped, being trapped and not knowing it, and your will not being your own, of being manipulated. It manifests as spiders and spider webs and patterns like spider webs.
- MAG 8: Burned Out
- MAG 16: Arachnophobia
- MAG 56: Children of the Night
- MAG 59: Recluse
- MAG 67: Burning Desire
- MAG 69: Thought for the Day
- MAG 81: A Guest For Mr. Spider
- MAG 100: I Guess You Had To Be There
- MAG 110: Creature Feature
- MAG 114: Cracked Foundations
- MAG 123: Web Development
- MAG 136: The Puppeteer
- MAG 147: Weaver
Other Appearances Edit
- MAG 3: Across The Street First appearance of the table.
- MAG 19: Confession The House at Hill Top Road.
- MAG 22: Colony There are cobwebs in the basement.
- MAG 32: Hive Jane Prentiss says there were spiders and cobwebs in her attic and each of the webs had their own song, separate from the song of the Hive.
- MAG 35: Old Passages A pile of paper is completely covered in cobwebs. Table/lighter delivered.
- MAG 36: Taken Ill Table/lighter discussed.
- MAG 38: Lost and Found When Jonathan attacks a spider he discovers Prentiss' worms.
- MAG 51: High Pressure. Another appearance of the table.
- MAG 78: Distant Cousin Another appearance of the table.
- MAG 79: Hide and Seek Talk of the table.
- MAG 91: The Coming Storm Another appearance of the lighter with the cobweb design.
- MAG 121: Far Away Oliver mentions The Web as his reason for visiting.
- MAG 130: Meat The tape is covered in cobwebs.
| ATTENTION! SPOILERS AHEAD!!|
This article contains information from later episodes of The Magnus Archives, and may contain major spoilers for the setting and plot. Continue at your own risk.
- Annabelle Cane, an avatar of the Web who has been observing The Magnus Institute.
- Raymond Fielding, appears in connection with Hill Top Road and appears to the serve the Web.
- Neil Lagorio, special effects artist who either served or was a victim of The Web.
- The Web Table, used by Adelard Dekker to bind NotThem. Appears in many episodes.
- A lighter with a cobweb design. Delivered to Jonathan Sims in MAG 36 and as of MAG 136 it was still in his possession.
- Hill Top Road, a stronghold of the Web.
There is no record of a ritual for the Web. Peter Lukas speculates that it prefers the world as it is.
Connections with other Entities Edit
Jonathan Sims, working for Beholding, carries around a lighter with a cobweb design. In MAG 81: A Guest for Mr. Spider it is revealed he a childhood encounter with the Spider.
In MAG 59: Recluse Agnes Montague, of the Desolation, lives in the home on Hill Top Road with Raymond Fielding. She thwarts Raymond's attempt to trap Ronald Sinclair. The home later burns down.
In MAG 67: Burning Desire Agnes Montague, of the Desolation, burns a cobweb and another man probably working for the Desolation has many spiders in a box.
In MAG 19: Confession the Desolation apparently try to stop the exorcism done by father Burroughs. The exorcism seems to result in the uprooting of the tree above the box from the table. Father Burroughs is marked by the Spiral.